By Cathy Becker and Beth Young (see below to learn more about Beth and Cathy)
- It’s cool to be Jewish at Camp Wise. Children of all levels of observance come together to celebrate Jewish life. In our welcoming Jewish community, experiential Jewish living helps campers feel proud of who they are. We integrate positive Jewish identification, a connection to Israel and Jewish spirituality into each camper’s experience.
- Camp friendships can last forever. Building friendships over the summer teaches campers how to be more socially confident and serves as an entry point to a life-long Jewish community. At Camp Wise we stress the importance of kehillah (building community) and gimilut chasidim (acts of kindness). We provide an opportunity for campers to widen their social circle and meet people from across the country.
- Camp helps build self-esteem. The staff at Camp Wise encourages campers to explore avenues of interest and to try something they never thought they would do before. Learning new skills helps campers learn how capable they are to grow and master new skills.
- By sending a child to Camp Wise, the camper develops confidence, independence and resiliency. Being away from home allows campers the opportunity to take initiative in problem solving, learn to trust themselves and caring staff to make decisions and take care of themselves.
- At Camp Wise, we create memories that last a lifetime. Camp builds positive memories for the future. During the summer, campers create endless memories of song sessions, meaningful Shabbats, evening programs and late night cabin bonding. It’s a time of discovery and self-improvement that makes a lasting impression on each camper.
- On our beautiful, rustic site, Camp Wise gets kids active and attuned to nature. In our screen-free environment, campers can decompress from the pressures of school and social media. Our wide variety of activities ensures that each camper will find something to keep their bodies and minds engaged.
Visit CampWise.org TODAY to register your child for camp! Limited space remaining. For more information give us a call at 216-593-6250 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Becker and Beth Young both work year round in the Camp Wise office and have more than 50 years of camping and education experience between them. After spending 30+ years as a teacher Cathy joined the Camp Wise team as the Camp Registrar and has been the voice of camp ever since. Cathy has the answer to all of your questions and is always excited to help first time families send a child to camp. Beth holds a masters degree in special education, is an American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard Instructor, and is training to become an American Camping Association Site Visitor. Beth is our Special Projects Coordinator and has been with Camp Wise year round for more than 8 years.